Opportunity: Business Continuity / Disaster Recovery Specialist
(Barbados & CARICOM Region)
TTEK Inc. delivers software and services to government agencies responsible for the facilitation and interdiction of cargo, conveyances and people. Our teams support a variety of complex supply chain, trade/commercial re-engineering, risk management missions, and collaborative border management solutions. TTEK Inc. is a fast growing, highly profitable company controlling and managing our own corporate investment and market development. We are focused on serving the needs of our public-sector clients and as a result, we are experiencing consistent growth across each of our business models.
We are looking for a Business Continuity / Disaster Recovery Specialist to support the risk management efforts of our CARICOM government customers.
Responsibilities (includes but not limited to):
- Develop and implement business and technology continuity plans.
- Develop technology and business continuity and disruption recovery strategies.
- Develop crisis communication planning strategies.
- Identify past and potential impact resulting from disruptions.
- Develop techniques to identify and evaluate potential disruptions.
- Develop and implement backup, replication and redundancy strategies as required.
- Develop awareness, training, and communication programs with both internal staff and other stakeholders.
- Establish coordination activities with internal and external stakeholders and establish actual and potential dependencies.
- Develop and implement monitoring activities and performance management.
- Create and deliver presentations to various stakeholders, and facilitating meetings and discussions.
- Maintain strong communications of all business processes to stakeholders.
The candidate should have:
- previous and proven experience with requirements definition and analysis.
- an ability to synthesize and interpret customer information and provide strategies for change.
- a thorough, but succinct written and oral communication style for customer interactions.
- an ability to work independently, and virtually, for extended periods of time.
- a self-motivated individual with a desire to constantly perform at the highest levels.
- an ability to work virtually from home and on site with clients.
The candidate must agree to travel (sometimes on short notice) to corporate offices in Barbados, or surrounding CARICOM countries. Travel expenses will be covered by TTEK Inc. The Candidate must provide their own equipment including laptop computer, telephone, or any other device needed to accomplish their tasks and deliverables.
Qualifications and Capabilities
The qualified candidate must have:
- A minimum of 5-10 years of directly related experience in business continuity management systems. Preference will be given to candidates who possess more than 5 years’ experience.
- Extensive and proven mix of skill, expertise, training and experience in the field of latest ISO 22301 implementation and certification.
- Accredited registrar shall be independently assessed and accredited globally by ANAB (ANSI-ASQ National Accreditation Board) and/or by other equivalent accreditation bodies.
- Strong client-service skills and must be able to communicate, both orally and in writing, in English.
Anticipated length of Contract
Estimated start date
Interested, qualified individuals should contact our Chief Services Officer, Brent Patten at email@example.com.
Thank you for your interest. Only successful candidates will be contacted.