Opportunity: Information Security Management Consultant
(Barbados & CARICOM Region)
TTEK Inc. delivers software and services to government agencies responsible for the facilitation and interdiction of cargo, conveyances and people. Our teams support a variety of complex supply chain, trade/commercial re-engineering, risk management missions, and collaborative border management solutions.
TTEK Inc. is a fast growing, highly profitable company controlling and managing our own corporate investment and market development. We are focused on serving the needs of our public-sector clients and as a result, we are experiencing consistent growth across each of our business models.
We are looking for an Information Security Management Consultant to support the risk management efforts of our CARICOM government customers.
The responsibilities of the analyst will include, but are not limited to:
- Developing IT security policies, standards, guidelines and procedures.
- Reviewing existing security policies, standards, guidelines and procedures and providing advice as to their appropriateness and effectiveness.
- Conducting compliance audits of IT operations, application systems and infrastructure.
- Conducting security threat and risk assessments of IT facilities, application systems and communications.
- Conducting reviews of backup and recovery plans.
- Investigating security incidents and reporting cause and related weaknesses and recommending remedies.
- Designing the security framework and implementing the security components of IT infrastructure required to protect assets and to support application systems.
- Providing advice on the security aspects of application systems under development.
- Developing and delivering IT Security awareness and training programs.
- Creating and delivering presentations to various stakeholders, and facilitating meetings and discussions.
- Maintaining strong communications of all business processes to stakeholders.
The candidate should have:
• previous and proven experience with requirements definition and analysis.
• an ability to synthesize and interpret customer information and provide strategies for change.
• a thorough, but succinct written and oral communication style for customer interactions.
• an ability to work independently, and virtually, for extended periods of time.
• a self-motivated individual with a desire to constantly perform at the highest levels.
• an ability to work virtually from home and on site with clients.
The candidate must agree to travel (sometimes on short notice) to corporate offices in Barbados, or surrounding CARICOM countries. Travel expenses will be covered by TTEK Inc. The Candidate must provide their own equipment including laptop computer, telephone, or any other device needed to accomplish their tasks and deliverables.
Qualifications and Capabilities
The qualified candidate must have:
1. A minimum of 5-10 years of directly related experience in information security management systems, and/or business continuity management systems. Preference will be given to candidates who possess more than 5 years of experience.
2. Extensive and proven mix of skill, expertise, training and experience in the field of latest ISO/IEC 27001 implementation and certification.
- accredited registrar shall be independently assessed and accredited globally by ANAB (ANSI-ASQ National Accreditation Board) and/or by other equivalent accreditation bodies.
3. Strong client-service skills and ability to communicate, both orally and in writing, in English.
Anticipated length of Contract
9 – 12 months
Estimated start date
Interested, qualified individuals should contact our Chief Services Officer, Brent Patten at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for your interest. Only successful candidates will be contacted.